Creativity, Quilting, and Quality Time
April 25 - 28, 2024
The Washington Mennonite Fellowship (WMF) Quilting Retreat is a time where creativity, quilting, and quality time converge on CAMREC's peaceful, forested grounds . Utilize this long weekend to work on current projects, old projects that need to be finished up, start new projects, or learn something new! Don’t worry about preparing food or cleaning up; just sew to your heart’s desire! Due to limited space and high interest, spots are reserved for members and friends of WMF first.
We are pleased to have guest teacher Stephanie Forster, leading our optional quilting class this year! Steph is a friend of a WMF member and is the creator behind Bookends Quilting. She specializes in circular designs for her quilts. Check out her website to get a sense of what she does: bookendsquilting.com.
Weekend / Class Information:
- Cost is $200 - This includes 3 nights of lodging, meals, snacks, and cleaning (including after meal clean-up!).
- There is no additional fee to "take the class".
- Scholarship money is available if cost is a concern - to request, follow the instructions on the registration site.
- We will not have one specific pattern that everyone will work on for the class. Instead, please go to bookendsquilting.com and select one of the patterns available for sale there and purchase through the website. Stephanie will then teach all of us that are taking the class the fundamentals of making curves and help us individually as we work on our selected pattern.
-You are responsible for fabric and class supplies but Stephanie will provide curved rulers.
- Class will begging 9:00 am on Friday, April 26
* Arrive Thursday and be ready to go Friday morning
*Snacks will be available Thursday evening, but no main meal
What to Bring:
- Pattern from Bookends Quilting IF you are taking the class
- Fabric & projects
- Sewing machine and basic sewing supplies
- Mat, rotary cutter and rulers.
- Power strip/extension cord
- Table light (if you need extra light)
- Iron/ironing board (not everyone needs to bring these – somehow it seems to work out)
- Beverage container with lid (no open containers allowed in sewing room)
- Bedding (sleeping bag, sheets, blanket, pillow, as you choose)
- Personal Toiletries including towels
- Comfortable attire for the climate and facilities – bring foot wear that will be worn only
in the sewing room so as to keep the room clean and eliminate excess cleaning
- We will have a scrap sharing table set up. Bring nicely organized useable pieces of
quilting fabric that you would like to share. Anything left at the end of the weekend will
be donated to the Quilter’s Corner at the Mennonite Country Auction.
- We will also have a show and tell one night, so bring any quilts that you have completed in the last year to share.
- Please also feel free to share on your registration form any additional evening activity ideas you might have.